Hershey’s doesn’t just have great chocolate, they also give back with BIG hearts.
I received a gift card from Hershey to create Easter baskets that I could donate to whoever I chose. I decided the children at the local Battered Women’s Shelter were more than deserving! So off I went to Walmart and I filled my cart with hershey’s candy that is only sold at Walmarts and not at other retail locations.
I called the shelter and found out there were four children, so i put together four baskets and of course included other goodies for them like crazy straws, jumpropes, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and coloring books.
The best part is that the children will be told that this was given to them from Hershey’s! I think Hershey’s just made four children very happy this Easter!
I had a few helpers and I think we created wonderful Easter baskets!
Now don’t YOU want to HELP???????
Keep reading and see how you and Hershey’s can make a difference this Easter!
Hershey’s has partnered with Children’s Miracle Network and they are hosting this #BetterBasket Blog Hop. Hershey’s will donate $10 per blog post written using the specific rules up to $5,000 to the Children’s Miracle Network. It’s so easy to participate and will only take a few minutes of your time.
So please take a minute and make a virtual basket and keep passing this on so we can raise some money to help the kids!
Here’s what to do:
* Make sure you copy and paste the following rules into your post.
HERSHEY’S BETTER BASKET BLOG HOP RULES
* Create a blog post giving a virtual Easter Basket to another blogger – you can give as many Virtual Baskets as you want.
* Link back to person who gave you an Easter Basket.
* Let each person you are giving a Virtual Easter Basket know you have given them a Basket.
* Leave your link at BetterBasket.info/BlogHop comment section. You can also find the official rules of this #betterbasket blog hop, and more information about Better Basket with Hershey’s there.
* Hershey’s is donating $10 per each blog participating to the Better Basket Blog Hop to Children’s Miracle Network (up to total of $5,000 by blog posts written by April 4th, 2010).
* Please note that only one blog post by each blog url will count towards the donation.
I’m sending my virtual basket to:
Erin @ErinJeany at pyleoflove
Shellie @Blog4mom at Blog4Mom
Carissa @CFerrucciBeam at TheBeamerBuzz
Hershey’s Donates Baskets to the Domestic Violence Shelter March 19, 2010
Hershey’s doesn’t just have great chocolate, they also give back with BIG hearts.
Frigidaire Spin and Win January 26, 2010
Spin and Win
Frigidaire and Jennifer Garner are teaming up to support Save the Children, an organization dedicated to helping children living in poverty in the United States.
Frigidaire is committed to helping moms spend less time in the kitchen and laundry room, and more time with the ones they love.
Their new Spin & Win game gives you the opportunity to win gift cards for spending quality time with your tykes – whether it’s curling up with some new books, starting a craft project or taking in a family flick. They’re giving away a prize every day. Plus, you could also win a brand new Frigidaire Affinity washer and dryer, with time-saving features that give you more time for the important things in life.
Best of all, each day you play, Frigidaire will donate $1 to Save the Children, as part of their $250,000 commitment to support Save the Children’s CHANGE program, dedicated to providing nutritious snacks and promoting healthier lifestyles for children living in poverty in the United States.
Daily Prizes include:
$200 gift card to play dress up
$100 gift card to go camping, build a birdhouse or take in some family flicks
$100 gift card to build a birdhouse, go camping or take in some family flicks
$75 gift card to curl up with new books
$75 gift card to get out and play
$50 gift card to start a craft project
Drawing for prizes will be held every day between now and April 25, 2010. That’s nearly 100 chances to win when you ‘spin’ each day! Limit (1) entry per person and per email address per day.
Grand Prize drawings for the Frigidaire Affinity washer and dryer will be held at the end of each month during the promotion – 4 Grand Prize winners. Participants are automatically entered into the month’s Grand Prize drawing when they play Spin & Win.
Share this link (http://bit.ly/FrgMTFC) with your friends and family and share not only the chance to win but the opportunity to give back too.
**disclosure** No persons at MamaRucci were paid with any monies or gifts by Frigidaire or any persons representing them. We love to share great campaigns that companies are involved in. The information for this giveaway was taken from one of the original posts found on http://blissfullydomestic.com . All information was verified with Frigidaire, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact us.
Nominate a Teacher to Win $100 September 28, 2009
Did you know teachers spend an average of $1200 of their own money on classroom supplies each year? That’s $4 billion annually! That’s why OfficeMax joined with Adopt-A-Classroom to create “A Day Made Better“—a national cause event founded to erase teacher-funded classrooms. This year, “A Day Made Better” will take place on October 6 where 1,000 teachers will be surprised in their classrooms each with $1,000 worth of essential supplies from OfficeMax. That’s more than one million dollars donated to help teachers! Principals at needy schools nominated the teachers for demonstrating dedication, innovation, and passion.
To pay-it-forward, OfficeMax and Mom It Forward have teamed up to create awareness about the issue of teacher-funded classrooms and to give you the opportunity to get involved and help a teacher in your community on behalf of the “A Day Made Better.” Here’s how…
Simply nominate a teacher of your choice to win this giveaway by following the entry requirements. Be sure to check out the prize and criteria!
One exceptional teacher will receive a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR gift card to OfficeMax. This can go a long way when it comes to classroom supplies!
This is a giveaway that is meant to be given away. What does that mean? You get to nominate a teacher by sharing why this person is exceptional and deserving of this giveaway. The best part, every story told helps raise awareness in an effort to erase teacher-funded classrooms. The winning teacher will be chosen based on the following criteria, so be sure to tell us why your teacher is most deserving:
- Dedication: does everything in his/her power to deliver the best possible education for his/her students.
- Innovation: thinks outside the box and engages his/her students through creative learning activities & programs.
- Passion: expresses a genuine passion for education and shares this enthusiasm in the classroom.
- Need: demonstrates a need for essential classroom supplies.
To enter your teacher, you are required to do two things.(Note: post a separate comment for each entry.)
1. NOMINATE THEM BY LEAVING A COMMENT ABOUT A TEACHER YOU FEEL WOULD GREATLY BENEFIT FROM A $100 GIFT CARD FROM OFFICE MAX AND WHY THEY SHOULD WIN.
2. POST THESE MESSAGES BELOW ON FACEBOOK AND/OR TWITTER.(Note: Be sure to leave comments here with links to your messages.)
- Teachers spend avg $1200 of own $$ on school supplies annually! Help erase teacher-funded classrooms. http://bit.ly/3VUNvC PLS RT #omx
- Nominate a teacher 2 win $100 in OfficeMax classroom supplies. Enter here: http://www.detroitmommies.com/?p=1775 PLS RT #omx
- Join the “A Day Made Better” movement to end teacher-funded classrooms at http://bit.ly/UJ3LF #omx
More than 30 sites are participating in this campaign between now and Sunday, October 4. Visit http://momitforward.com for a list of all the giveaways! You may enter a different teacher on every site, but you may only win once!
Thanks so much for helping pay-it-forward to teachers in your community! Please join us on Tuesdays, September 22 and 29 from 9 to 11 pm ET for Girls Night Out (#gno) on Twitter if you’d like to meet the team behind the cause: @officemax, @adaymadebetter and @Adopt_Classroom. Hope to see you there!
We want to give every teacher the opportunity to win!!!!!! If you have any questions about how to enter, please contact me!